October 13, 2010

Second Sock Syndrome

I now understand Second Sock Syndrome, which is when, after completing half of a project, people give up simply because they want to do something else.  It's just so easy because you have one finished object, but the project isn't done yet, and sometimes, you just get so excited you want to move on to something else.  I'm not really in love with knitting the Catnip Socks.  There really isn't any reason why, except that I'm looking forward to the next project, which is a horrible habit to get into.

One sock was completed today, and as of right now, the toe and half of the first pattern has been done on the second.  I intend to finish these socks, because I do enjoy knitting them.

My first sock has a 3 inch cuff on them because that is my preferred cuff size.  Granted, I wear my shoes very tight, so I don't have to worry about my socks falling down, which could be a problem due to the fact that these socks don't contain a very good grip on my ankles. 

The current plan is to get to the heel turn tomorrow, but we'll see how that goes.

Current Project: Catnip Socks out of Regia Hand-Dye Effect
Next Project:  Fancy Feet Anklets Kit (Peapod) out of Knit Picks Comfy Fingering

No comments:

Post a Comment