October 14, 2010

Never Knit with Vodka

I have made no progress today, although I did knit.  Two issues happened however, that doomed my knitting.  The first is that I decided to drink vodka and thought that I could continue knitting while intoxicated.  This went about as well as anyone can imagine, with me continuing to knit while not realizing I had made some "mathematical errors" and found I was unable to count to seven.

The second major error is that instead of trying to fix my mistakes this morning, I tried to soldier onwards, thinking I could fix any major malfunctions that came up.  Oh, how I was very mistaken.  So very mistaken.  A stitch in time saves nine hours of work apparently.  Man, what a downer.

So on another note, I'm thinking about starting spinning.  Knit and Caboodle sells spinning kits, so hopefully tomorrow I can totally purchase one and waste more time on this hobby!  No, it can only be fun.  And if it's not fun, then I'll have learned an important lesson instead of wondering if ...

Current Project: Catnip Socks out of Regia Hand-Dye Effect (1 sock done, 1 sock with 1 pattern repeat done)
Next Project:  Fancy Feet Anklets Kit (Peapod) out of Knit Picks Comfy Fingering
Side Project: Learn to spin and/or crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment