November 2, 2010

D: Accountablility Failure

I haven't updated in a few days.  My computer died so I've been busy trying to make the old computer with the corrupt Windows work long enough to write a blog post.  It's a little hard fixing that one because it has no cd or dvd drive, it doesn't last long enough without resetting to install windows on it, the keyboard socket is burnt out on it so safe mode doesn't work, and it can't have a video card in it because, haha, that's burnt out too.

The new computer requires a 50 dollar power supply, which is going to have to wait until Christmas.  So that's only 2 months with a computer that resets every five minutes.  Good thing I knit!

Instead of working on the knitpicks socks, I've been side-tracked.  The man wanted a scarf for his birthday, so I started that on the 25th and finished it by the 28th of October.  On the 29th, I started another pair of socks in Supersocke 100 in the green colorway and finished them on November 1st.  Today I've started the toe for some more socks in TOFUties.

I'm not sure if I'm going to go back to the knit-picks socks when I'm finished with the TOFUties.  I've been knitting socks for a long time now and I'm getting a little burnt out on socks.  That's four socks in a row.  :d  I'll think about it.  I probably will because the knitpick socks have taken up space by my computer and I don't really have room to put them elsewhere in the stash.

On the positive side, I've gone through 600g of yarn without buying any new yarn.  My stash is having negative growth.  That's awesome!  It's also winter time, so it's kind of expected that my stash would have some negative growth because I'm not garage sailing so I'm not adding to it.  Awesome~~~  Let's hope I get it knit down from 7 milk crates to 2 milk crates.  Granted, I've been using the natural fibers first, but my acrylic stash is the same size as my natural fiber stash.  I guess my next project should be using some of my acrylics.

I'm seriously considering doing the traveling woman as my next project when I get done with my sock kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment