October 20, 2010

Speed Knitting

I have one sock of the Peapod done.  It is a very fun pattern, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm waiting to see how much yarn I'll have left over to make cuffs, I'd be wearing the first sock.  This is such a great pattern and really makes me love knitting socks.  The catnip socks made me wonder if sock knitting is for me, but this has really proven that I love knitted socks.

I made a mistake on the first sock.  It fits my left foot perfectly, but not my right foot by a half inch, so I need to make sure my other sock is a half inch bigger.  Granted, I love tight socks, so tightness isn't an issue for me.  Tight socks mean I don't worry if they're going to fall down on me.

I am thinking about making a side trip into poncho land to knit myself a poncho.  We'll see how I feel after this box of socks is done and I don't feel so sick.  Yes, I have this weird thing that while I'm sick I really want a poncho, but when I get well I forget about the poncho urge.  I bet a poncho would be so warm right about now and I wouldn't have to drag a blanket behind me.

Although in all honesty I have asked for a snuggie for the past couple years and no one thinks I'm serious about it.  *shakes fist*  Yes, I could wear a robe backwards, but I don't have a breathable robe.  The robe I do have is made out of polymadine and is so not breathable.  :(  I shouldn't be sweating in a robe.

Box of socks first, poncho later.  I'll look around at patterns and see which one calls to me.

Current Project:  Fancy Feet Anklets Kit (Peapod) out of Knit Picks Comfy Fingering
Next Project:  Fancy Feet Anklets Kit (Peony) out of Knit Picks Comfy Fingering

No comments:

Post a Comment